Valencia City Receives Farm Machineries and Equipment from DA-X



To further increase the productivity and incomes of small farmers, Department of Agriculture Region X holds Agri-Pinoy Programs Mass Turn-over Ceremony of Farm Machineries and Equipment to qualified farmers groups and cooperatives, irrigators’ associations (IAs), and local government units (LGUs) on January 26, 2016 at NMAC-LRC Compound, Dalwangan, Malaybalay City, Bukidnon.

Different Cities and Municipalities from Region X joined the mass turn-over of farm equipment consisting of Mini -4wd tractors, water pump & engine set, power tiller-floating (turtle type), power tiller-hand tractor (riding type), mechanical rice transplanter, mechanical rice thresher, cassava grater and mobile corn mill.

During the program, Ms. Juanita B. Salvani, Chief, Research Division of NMAC-LRC gave her welcome remarks and thanked the participants for coming. She also said that DA aims to increase the present farm mechanization level of the Philippines and that DA provides to qualified farmers groups and cooperatives, irrigators’ associations (IAs), and local government units (LGUs) under grant and a counter-parting agreement.

Ms. Audy G. Maagad, Supervising Agriculturist of FOD gave the rationale of the program and acknowledged the participants.

Meanwhile, Engr. Roxana H. Hojas, CESO IV, DA Assistant Regional Director rendered her message and emphasized that Department of Agriculture is vigorously pursuing a farm mechanization program (FMP) that aims to increase the productivity and incomes of the farmers and LGUs.

Ms. Connie L. Dalangan, Acting City Agriculturist of Valencia City and City Councilor Hon. Camilo E. Pepito, Chairman on Committee on Agriculture attended the program and received the 22 farm machineries and equipment for Valencia City in behalf of the City Mayor Hon. Azucena P. Huervas.

The received Machines and Equipment are as follows:

Type of Machine/Equipment: Recipient: Total Cost:

Cassava Grater (1)  

LGU Valencia City P 138,700.00

Mechanical Rice Transplanter(1)  

Colonia Irrigators Asso. P 219,800.00

Mechanical Rice Transplanter (1) Kahaponan Val.  

City Irrigators Asso. Inc. P 219,800.00

Power Tiller Hand Tractor (Riding Type)(1)  

Farmers Cooperative Marketing Asso.Inc. P 117,000.00

Power Tiller Hand Tractor (Riding Type)(1)  

Vintar Valencia Irrigators Asso.Inc. P 117,000.00

Power Tiller Hand Tractor (Riding Type)(1)  

P3 Sugod Farmers Asso. Inc. P85,000.00

Rice Seed Cleaner (1)  

G14 Katipunan Irrigators Asso. Inc. P85,000.00

Power Tiller Hand Tractor (Riding Type)(1)  

Sinalayan Dulag’s Group Asso. Inc. P 117,000.00

Power Tiller Hand Tractor (Riding Type)(1)  

Camiling Malabuaya Irrigators Asso.Inc. P 117,000.00

Power Tiller Hand Tractor (Riding Type)(1)  

G14 Katipunan Irrigators Asso. Inc. P 117,000.00

Power Tiller Hand Tractor (Riding Type)(1)  

Bukidnon Masipag Farmers Coop. P 117,000.00

Power Tiller Floating (Turtle Type) (1)  

Valencia Organic Producers Traders Trainors Asso. P 93, 160.00

LGU Valencia City:

   
  • Mechanical Rice Thresher (5)
  • Power Tiller Hand Tractor Riding Type (3)
  • Water Pump & Engine Set (1)
Bukidnon Masipag Farmers Coop.

Valencia Organic Producers Traders Trainors Asso.

Valencia Organic Producers Traders Trainors Asso.
P 709,500.00

P 347,400.00

P 108,700.00

The DA’s farm mechanization program is implemented through a counter-parting scheme, where the DA shoulders 85 percent of the cost of the farm machine, while the qualified recipients pay the remaining 15 percent.